Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Taipei 台北

 *Notes from my friend Amy, a Taipei-native, for my visit to the city

通化街夜市 (tong-hua-jie-yie-shi), it's within walking distance to the hotel. You need to try the 米粉湯, 大腸麵線, 炸雞排, and 烤香腸

Taipei 101 is close by as well but not that exciting. I've heard good things about the restaurant at the top floors but I have never been.

You can take the cab or MRT to 鼎泰豐 (Dintaifung), they have one close to your hotel, here's the address: 台北市忠孝東路四段218號. After you're done, you should go to 東區粉圓. It's like 2-3 minutes walk from 鼎泰豐, but I don't know the exact address. If you ask people at the restaurant, they will show you the directions. It basically dessert with boba but it is really really good

鼎王 (Dinwang), it's the best hotpot place ever. Remember I invited you over for hotpot last year when I first got back from Taiwan, I carried their soup base all the way back from Taiwan. So there's tofu and duck blood in the soup and that's all you can eat, you order everything else. They have great shrimp balls, and the fish tofu is great!

Here's the address: 台北市松山區光復北路89號

You might need to make reservation coz they get really crowded on weekends.

No comments: